Our major cycle tour of 2012 was the End-to-End, starting from Land’s End and finishing at John o’Groats (LEJOG). Over two years in the planning, countless hours of preparation, and plenty of training.
We eventually set off on Tuesday 8th May 2012 on this iconic British cycle ride. For our team of eight intrepid cyclists, ahead lay more than three weeks of cycle touring and 1000+ miles.
We began the LEJOG by cycling through the rolling hills of Cornwall and Devon, resting at Cheddar before crossing the Severn Bridge and then skirting the edge of Wales. From there we continued up through the industrial heart of the North-West of England to the Lake District and our second day of rest. We then crossed into Scotland and took a ferry onto the Isle of Arran for a glorious few days before crossing back onto the mainland and heading up the Great Glen. Finally we cycled up through the barren and endless north of Scotland until eventually reaching John o’Groats on 30th May 2012. It was a monumental achievement!
You can follow our E2E adventures by clicking on the links below (or by scrolling to the bottom of page you can watch a short video) :
- E2E Itinerary
- E2E Day 0: Ready to start!
- E2E Day 1 – And we’re off
- E2E Day 2: Perranporth to Boscastle
- E2E Day 3: Boscastle to Exford
- E2E Day 4 – Exford to Cheddar
- E2E Day 5: Day off in Cheddar
- E2E Day 6 – Cheddar to St Briavels
- E2E Day 7: St Briavels to Leominster
- E2E Day 8: Leominster to Shrewsbury Battlefields
- E2E Day 9: Shrewsbury Battlefield to Widnes
- E2E Day 10 – Widnes to Lancaster
- E2E Day 10: Extra Pictures
- E2E Day 11 – Lancaster to Windermere
- E2E Day 12: Day Off!
- E2E Day 13 – Windermere to Carlisle
- E2E Day 14: Carlisle to Sanquhar
- E2E Day 15 – Sanquhar to Lochranza
- E2E Day 16: Day off in Lochranza (Isle of Arran)
- E2E Day 17: Lochranza to Oban
- E2E Day 18 – Oban to Glen Nevis
- E2E Day 19: Glen Nevis to Loch Ness
- E2E Day 20: Loch Ness to Inverness
- E2E Day 21 – Inverness to Helmsdale
- E2E Day 22: Helmsdale to John o’Groats
- E2E Returning Home
- E2E Reflections
- E2E – The best and worst bits?
One of our team (Andy S) collected all our thousands of photo’s and put together a little video. You can watch the video below – we think it’s great!